Friday, March 4, 2011

Seafood Pasta Salad


Spring is coming - hooray!! We are all feeling a little bit of Spring Fever around here these days. With the warmer days, I began craving a more summertime meal. Many of us don't stop to realize that there are quite a few salads that can be food storage meals. I made this one a few nights ago for dinner and served it with pulled pork sandwiches. I came up with this salad recipe after having a similar one at a local restaurant. I have had many requests for the recipe. The secret is to use a lot of dill. Celery stores quite a while in the fridge so I had some on hand this time, but I have also made this salad with dehydrated celery that I had rehydrated to give it the similar flavor. By using plain yogurt in the dressing, you significantly drop the fat content in this salad and it also has a lighter flavor in my opinion. Enjoy!

Seafood Pasta Salad


8 oz rotini pasta
Mayonnaise
Canned tuna, salmon, or shrimp
Plain yogurt
Black olives, sliced
Dill, onion powder, garlic powder,
Cucumbers, diced, if available
salt, and pepper to taste
Celery, chopped, if available


Cook pasta until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Mix vegetables with pasta. To make dressing, stir equal amounts of mayonnaise and plain yogurt with the seasonings. Stir dressing into salad and serve. I often use imitation crab meat in this salad also since it freezes so well and I can have it on hand. There are no amounts for this recipe because I never measure. I just mix it until it looks and tastes good.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I sure hope spring and summer are on the way soon.

    You are doing a fantastic job with your blog. Thank you!

    I bought a lot of chicken this weekend at the Zaycon sale. I am stocked up for a while!

    ReplyDelete