Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pulled Pork and Black Bean Quesadillas

Having some pulled pork frozen and ready to go in the freezer makes for quick dinner options. I posted about how I cook my pulled pork here.

Add some chopped green pepper and onions as well as a can of black beans (or use some frozen, pre-cooked ones) and you have some tasty quesadilla filling in a flash. Just cook over medium heat until the peppers and onions are tender.

Add a little shredded cheese just before grilling.

I learned to use a stiff spatula to spread just a hint of butter on the tortillas. They brown up so nicely on our large pancake griddle. Flipping them is always a trick. I often end up losing just a bit of my filling.

Slice up using a pizza cutter and top with sour cream, guacamole, and our favorite fresh garden salsa. Everyone is happy at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment