Thursday, April 28, 2011

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins


Here's a quick and tasty egg-free, fully-storable muffin! I'm getting better at being confident about tweaking a recipe. I looked up a few recipes online for oatmeal muffins and then came up with this variation. I baked them up on a Saturday night to be ready for a quick family breakfast before early church meetings the next day. I also figured that if they flopped, it would give me a chance to throw something else together. Why did I doubt myself? They were delicious!
Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins



1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup water
½ cup applesauce
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt         
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp oil (optional)





Soak the oats in the water for 10-15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups full. Bake at 400° F for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you choose to leave the oil out, the muffins just won't brown as nicely. They will still taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment