Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quick and Easy Skirt


Keeping growing children in clothes that fit is a constant challenge that can blow budgets fast. A few basic sewing skills and a little creativity can go a long way.


I found this bright colored summer dress on clearance for $2.50. As a dress, it was too short for my daughter. We decided to turn it into a skirt.


I measured how long she needed the skirt to be (from her waist to her knee) and then added 1 inch to allow for me to turn under the waistband. I cut off the extra top portion of the dress.


Then I used my serger to finish the raw edge. Next,I turned the top down 3/4 of an inch or so and did a quick seem on my traditional machine. I didn't need to add any elastic at all. It was that easy.


Now, my daughter has a cute, new skirt that can be casual or dressy depending on what she pairs it with. It was so very simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment