Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tis the Season to Stock up on Baking Supplies



This is the time of year that all the baking supplies drop in price. I just go down the baking isle at every store I'm in and check to see what they are charging for flour, sugar, evaporated milk, brown sugar, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, etc. I've kept a good record over the years so I can recognize a "stock-up" price when I see it.

It usually takes a few weeks of watching, but I can usually find all of the products that we use on a regular basis for baking hit their low price of the year between now and New Year's.

This week I picked up flour and chocolate chips. Next week, it will probably be something different - Just keep your eyes open. To review my "Prices to Watch For" list click here. These prices were current a few months ago, but food prices have been going up as I'm sure you are all aware. If you find something that is close count it and buy what you need for your 3 month supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment