Tuesday, January 25, 2011

As Easy As Chicken Nuggets

As you begin to think about your food storage in actual meals, some are quite simple.  For example, today for lunch I made my three preschoolers chicken nuggets, green peas, and mashed potatoes.
The chicken nuggets and peas came from the freezer and the mashed potatoes were made using the potato pearls available from the LDS cannery.  I just added hot water.  The kids were elated - it is one of their favorite lunches.  I was happy because it was simple and I can easily store the ingredients to make it again and again.

One of my kids' very favorite lunches.
Many other options are open to you when you allow yourself to store items in the freezer.  Remember that the counsel is to store items that you eat on a normal basis.  These are part of the normal lunch rotation so I just make sure I store enough to make it once a week for 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment