Friday, July 18, 2014

Homemade Apricot Fruit Rolls


We've started the harvest season in our neck of the woods. I've been busy these last few weeks picking cherries to make pie filling, picking raspberries to make freezer jam, and picking apricots to make fruit rolls. My kids love to eat the fresh apricots, but they are not big fans of  apricot jam or bottled apricots. They LOVE the fruit rolls though!
Fruit rolls are very easy to make if you have a dehydrator. If you do not have a dehydrator, it is a little tricky, but you can do them in the oven.

I posted a tutorial on making these fruit rolls a few years back. You can find it here.

I've been drying fruit rolls around the clock for a few days now. I just started my final batch. My kids have eaten a few of the rolls, but most of them are all wrapped up and stored in snack ziplock bags all ready to drop in lunches once school starts again. My 4 year-old was practicing her counting as we packed them away and she got tired soon after 100. We have more than 100 fruit rolls stored away! Hooray! 

It's crazy to think, but that many will go so quickly with all the kids taking them to school. Thank goodness we can make more any time of year using applesauce and jello. For those instructions click here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment