Saturday, June 21, 2014

Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Bars


I've grown more and more fond of bar cookies lately. As my kids get older and busier with all of their activities, my time in the kitchen has shrunk. I still bake regular cookies every now and then, but I more often bake a pan of bar cookies
to fill the needs of an after school snack or treat to take to the team event we are off to. I recently was in the mood for snickerdoodles, but knew I didn't have the time to bake up all the different batches of dough. I adapted my recipe with the hopes that it would bake okay as a bar. It was waaay better than okay. Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Bars are the new family favorite treat!





Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Bars

½ cup butter, softened
½ cup white bean puree
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1⅓ cups whole wheat flour
1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping:
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream butter, bean puree, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Batter will be very thick. Press into a well greased 9x13 pan. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container. They will hold for 5-6 days and still taste as good as new.

Crowd-Size Batch

¾ cup + 2 Tbsp butter, softened
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp white bean puree
3⅓ cups brown sugar
3 eggs
5 tsp vanilla
2 cups + 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3⅓ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1¾ tsp cinnamon

Topping:
2 ½ tsp sugar
1¾ tsp cinnamon


Mix as above, Press into a well greased 10x17 jelly roll pan. Bake as above. Makes 48 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment