Monday, December 9, 2013

A Little More Healthy Lasagna

Lasagna is amazing - there is no denying that! When you are in the mood for something Italian, lasagna is a great choice. I wanted to make a little more healthy version so I added just a couple of ingredients.


Frozen, pre-cooked wheat berries

and slices of a large yellow zucchini. (I removed the seeds of the zucchini first since it got lost in the garden and grew a bit too big.)

That's all I did. I layered the slices of zucchini on top of the sauce and then added browned hamburger and cooked wheat berries before adding the layer of noodles. I repeated my layers this way using my traditional recipe. 

The Verdict: Fabulous! A couple of very easy add-ins that added fiber and vitamins while allowing me to cut back on the amount of meat we used. We will be doing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment