Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas

Remember my last post for Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken? Finally, I'm grabbing a chance to give you the instructions for making some amazing enchiladas using up all that yummy broth left from cooking the chicken.

Here is my crockpot full of the chicken broth salsa combination after I removed the chicken breast for shredding,

Add to your broth one 8oz brick of cream cheese. Allow it to melt and mix well.

Add back in some of the shredded chicken.

I like to stuff them full of white beans also.

Here is the enchilada filling all ready to go.

I like to use the green chile sauce when I make chicken enchiladas.

Pour a little sauce in the bottom of your 9x13 pan.

Roll up the enchilada filling in flour tortillas. Top with more sauce and a layer of shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until heated through. It usually takes 45 minutes or so. I have also been known to cover them with plastic wrap and microwave them for about 10 minutes. (I made sure when we bought our microwave that it would accommodate a large pan and still have the tray rotate. That feature has been a life saver many times when it comes to having dinner on the table in time for the rest of the night's activities!)

Bag up and freeze any remaining enchilada sauce and filling for another day. Or, make up an extra pan of enchiladas and freeze the entire thing ready to go. 

This dish is one that all of my kids love! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment