Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Surprise Pancakes


We play a game at our home every time I make pancakes. The kids have to guess the "secret" ingredient. I often use the Krusteaz just add water mix, but it also works with any of my homemade mixes. 
Pour into your bowl the amount of mix you will need.

Add 1/2 - 1 cup pureed peaches, pears, bananas, pumpkin, applesauce, etc. (Yogurt even works) and then add enough water to make it the right consistency.

Sprinkle in a bit of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and mix one last time.

Cook on a hot griddle and serve with your favorite jam or syrup.

The addition of pureed fruit gives us one more serving that we wouldn't normally have. I feel good about getting vitamin rich fruits and vegetables into our diet wherever I can. The kids also love trying to guess what I've put in the pancakes for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment