Saturday, December 13, 2014

Freezer to Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles



It's basketball season at our house which means weeknights are a little more hectic as we try to get our boys to and from all their practices. Weekends are also crazy as we watch 3-4 ball games every Saturday. I am relying on my crockpot a lot to have a meal ready when we make it home, hungry and tired after it all. This freezer to crockpot creamy chicken and noodles is a new favorite.



I pre-cook the noodles during the week when I have a little time. When they are done cooking, I drain and rinse them with cool water. Then I place them in a container and stir in a tablespoon or so of vegetable oil. The oil keeps them from sticking together while they are stored in the fridge. I store them unitl the night they are needed.

I get the crockpot going before we leave. When we get home, I pop the noodles in the microwave while I cut the chicken up and add the sour cream. The kids set the table and dinner is ready in about five minutes. Serve with a side salad and some crusty bread. Another side dish that works well is sliced, fresh fruit. It's simple, comfort food at it's best!

Freezer to Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 ½ lbs frozen mixed vegetables
½ cup sour cream, plain yogurt, or cream cheese - add just before serving
1 lb wide egg noodles, cooked

Mix the cream soup and seasonings in a gallon freezer ziplock bag. Add the chicken and vegetables. Write directions on the bag and freeze. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the fridge. Pour into slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Pull the chicken out and dice it. Add it back to the slow cooker. Stir in the sour cream, plain yogurt, or cream cheese. Spoon over cooked egg noodles to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment